ANNUAL "GAYNOR A. DAWSON" SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
The LASBO Scholarship will be awarded to a full- or part-time student who is enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate program related to governmental finance.
Maximum of two awards ($1,000 each per award year)
Closing Date for Applications:
At the Annual Conference
- Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen and a Louisiana resident.
- Applicant must be currently employed by a Louisiana school board. Elected officials are ineligible.
- Applicant must be a current LASBO member.
- Applicant must enroll in an accredited university operating in Louisiana and pursue coursework or a degree program in a field related to governmental finance as a part- or full-time student at the graduate or undergraduate level.
- There are no restrictions on age, sex, handicap, or financial need.
- Current recipients may reapply annually as long as a G.P.A. of at least 2.0 is maintained.
Criteria for Scholarship Award:
- Plans to pursue a career with a school board
- Past academic record and/or experience
- Strength of past coursework and present plan of study
- Grade point average
Applicants must submit the following documents for consideration by the scholarship selection committee:
- Statement of proposed plan of graduate or undergraduate study and career plans
- Undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- Statement from employer indicating approval
- Letters of recommendation (optional)
Click here to download the 2018 Scholarship Award Application.
All of the above items are to be submitted by the applicant in a single envelope, postmarked no later than January 31st to:
Louisiana Association of School Business Officials
ATTN: Julie Fuselier
620 Florida St., Ste. 210
Baton Rouge, LA 70801
The Louisiana Association of School Business Officials Officers and Directors will review all applications and make final selections for the award. The winner will be notified in writing before the annual spring conference.
For additional information call Julie Fuselier at (225) 343-2776.