ACTIVE memberships are in 2 categories: Agency and Individual
Membership dues include membership into LASBO and SASBO as agreed by the LASBO membership at the Business Meeting in 2015.
- AGENCY membership: Entitles the agency to designate a certain number of persons depending on the agency’s student population to be registered as members. The agency is allowed to register additional members beyond the base number at a rate of $30 per individual (Dues include $20 LASBO and $10 SASBO).
- INDIVIDUAL membership:The cost of an individual membership is $30 annually (Dues include $20 LASBO and $10 SASBO).
The following are eligible for AGENCY and INDIVIDUAL memberships:
- Persons employed, or retired from, the administration of public, parochial and private schools of Louisiana such as: accounting; purchasing; transportation; plant operation; maintenance or construction; school nutrition services; federal programs; personnel; management information services.
- Parish and city school superintendents.
- Officials and employees of the State Department of Education who are particularly concerned with the business administration of public schools of the State of Louisiana.
- Members of the faculty and staff of the various colleges and universities of the State of Louisiana who are particularly interested or concerned with the business administration of schools.
- HONORARY memberships shall be limited to former officials of the
Association who are no longer employed in school administration. Upon retirement of a LASBO Past President from active school business an honorary membership will be awarded.
- EMERITUS memberships shall be limited to former members of this Association who have retired from active school business and qualify for retirement pay for such services and desire to maintain their membership in the Association.
ASSOCIATE memberships shall consist of:
- An individual, commercially interested in the field of school business management, including exhibitors, business firms, advertisers, professional engineers, architects, certified public accountants, or other business related professionals having paid the annual dues for the current year. This membership is non-voting and non-office holding.
- Associate annual membership dues are $30 ($20 LASBO; $10 SASBO).