The LASBO Scholarship will be awarded to a full- or part-time student who is enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate program related to governmental finance.
Maximum of two awards ($1,000 each per award year)
Closing Date for Applications:
At the Annual Conference
- Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen and a Louisiana resident.
- Applicant must be currently employed by a Louisiana school board. Elected officials are ineligible.
- Applicant must be a current LASBO member.
- Applicant must enroll in an accredited university operating in Louisiana and pursue coursework or a degree program in a field related to governmental finance as a part- or full-time student at the graduate or undergraduate level.
- There are no restrictions on age, sex, handicap, or financial need.
- Current recipients may reapply annually as long as a G.P.A. of at least 2.0 is maintained.
Criteria for Scholarship Award:
- Plans to pursue a career with a school board
- Past academic record and/or experience
- Strength of past coursework and present plan of study
- Grade point average